How To Get Your Crush To Like You
Love is grand, ain’t it? There’s nothing like the feeling of a crush. It’s exciting and makes our fantasies run wild. With so many hot guys running around the gay community, it’s hard to stand out from the crowd.
The competition is fierce, but the one thing you should always know is that you’re different. Not only do you have everything it takes to land your man, but you can do it better. So stop stalking you crush on Facebook and start using your strengths to get the man of your dreams. Here’s a few pointers to get you there:
- Make Yourself Noticed – Don’t shrivel towards the corner when you see him. If he doesn’t know you exist, you have no one to blame but yourself when he finds another guy. Be sure to smile, laugh, say a joke or two and most importantly, never apologize for existing. Now’s not the time to be shy.
- Don’t Try To Get His Attention – You never want to look as if you’re trying too hard, it will only leave you looking like a stuttering idiot. Instead, own the room with no attempt at trying to win anyone’s affection except your own.
- Minimal Eye Contact – Unless you’re in a conversation with him, try not to look him in the eye too often. We all know that gay guys like to inspect the goods, so be sure you give him room to do so. When you catch his eye, he’ll probably look away quickly. No, sir. Give him all the time he needs to scan you up and down with no fear of getting caught.
- Find Times To Be Alone – If you’re at a party, go into the kitchen to nibble on some appetizers or refill your drink. If you’re in class, take a bit longer putting your stuff in your bag. If you’re at work, find time to go into the break room for coffee. If you’re never alone, you or he might not have an opportunity for a conversation.
- Acknowledge Him – This whole game of “hard to get” rarely works. The only time it works is when there is already an existing attachment. If you hardly know each other, it’s a bad idea to ignore him hoping he’ll take notice. Give him attention by acknowledging him, i.e. clothing, accomplishments, smile. If you play hard to get, you’re only making yourself easy to forget.
- Have An Opinion – Don’t bend to his every liking. Have your own honest opinion on topics and issues. This is the root of real conversation, which will make him more engaged and ultimately intrigued by your mind. Don’t be the “yes” man. Give him a reason to ask you, “and what do you think?” Be a conversation booster, don’t be an awkward silent-type.
*Be sure to have a few icebreakers in your back pocket. Research in Google news some of the hottest trends you can bring up in conversation.
- Use Other Hot Guys As Bait – If he’s digging you and sees you talking to other hot guys, he might get a little insecure. When you feel him looking at you and the hottie, turn back towards him and smile. This lets him know you haven’t forgotten him and the hottie at your side is the least on your mind.