- Popular NYC Gay Bar Too Risque, Says Neighbor’s…Posted 2 days ago
- Gay Teacher Fired For Marrying His PartnerPosted 2 days ago
- Lee Daniels: A Gay Artist Who Continues To InspirePosted 3 weeks ago
- Do Gay Guys Run The World??Posted 4 weeks ago
- Alec Baldwin Calls Paparazzo A C*ck-Sucking F*g!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Star Of 30 Rock, Maulik Pancholy, Comes Out!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Cavemen Hired Gay Guys As The First Nannies, Ever?Posted 4 weeks ago
- Is Employment Nondiscrimination Beyond The Horizon??Posted 4 weeks ago
- Teenager Suspended For Wearing A Purse To SchoolPosted 4 weeks ago
- Man Asked To Leave Walmart Because He Was GayPosted 1 month ago
50 Shades Of Grey Actor Charlie Hunnan’s Gay for Pay Past!
The world has been waiting for months to see which actor was going to play Christian Grey, the most coveted role of next year. This weekend, the wait was all over. Charlie Hunnam from Sons of Anarchy won the part with amazing response. But Mr. Hunnam, like his character, has a few secrets up his sleeve. Well, not so secret anymore.
For all us Americans who don’t know much about UK Television, in 1999 the role which made Hunnam famous was Nathan on the original UK version of Queer As Folk. The series sparked a bit of controversy since the 18-year old actor was playing a 15-year old boy in a relationship with a man twice his age (which was why the U.S. version made Nathan’s age 17 to avoid the same controversy).
When the second season came in 2000, Hunnam reprised his role. Ever since, he has created a luscious career in film and television. His Queer lover, Aidan Gillen, is also making a name for himself playing Petyr Baelish on Game of Thrones. Looks like playing gay can make you famous in England, but America is a different story.
The Huffington Post reported the kerfuffle that happened when Matt Bomer was in talks of playing Christian Grey. Apparently many people would find it “unbelievable” a gay actor could play such a testosterone-driven male. Forget the fact that Hunnam became famous by having gay sex! That’s unimportant.
It’s interesting to think that the mommy-porn movie adaption is going to be fueled by a former gay for pay actor. If you ask me, they should rename it to 50 Shades of Gay. I mean, who else knows the world of S&M better than the gays?
It’s safe to say that Hunnam is on cloud 9 right now. This is surely to be one of the greatest couple years of his life. I don’t know about you, but when I’m watching him getting it hot and dirty on the big screen, all I’m going to be thinking about is the gay sex scene from Queer As Folk. Oh mama!